Since its formation in 1971, the Gottstein Trust has awarded more than 110 Fellowships.
The Gottstein Fellowship consists of a grant that is awarded to people from, or associated with, Australian forest industries. The grant allows those selected to conduct research projects and further their experience, education or training, either within or outside Australia.
Ninety percent of the grant is payable to the Fellow on commencement and the remaining ten percent is payable within thirty days of the receipt of the final report. Copyright of the work done under the Fellowship program is assigned to the Trustees.
There is no formal educational requirement for Gottstein Fellowship applicants. However, applicants should demonstrate a commitment to the fields of forestry or the forest products industry through academic and professional achievements and career goals. They should also be excellent communicators with the ability to write clear reports.
Suggested project topics for Fellowship applications include, but are not limited to:
1: Market development (especially Asian market opportunities)
2. Excellence in manufacturing processes
3. Opportunities for engineered wood products in building systems
4. Plantation/forest management innovations to achieve multiple objectives
Applicants should provide the following papers to apply for a Gottstein Fellowship:
- Completed online application form;
- Covering letter demonstrating abilities and commitment to the industry and an outline of the project the applicant intends to conduct covering;
- Project Title
- Industry Need/Value to Industry (include dollar values where appropriate)
- Project activities
- How this project fits in with your current work activities and how it will assist your career development
- Proposed Itinerary
- Estimated Cost (give as much detail as possible)
- Communication of project results to broader industry
- Post Fellowship benefits to yourself/Australian Industry
3. Curriculum vitae.
>>> Apply online
Applications are called for in July each year, and close on a date specified each year in mid-September. For 2018 Fellowship applications the closing date is 25 September 2017. Applications received after this date will not be considered.
Please be mindfull that the 25th of September is a holiday in the ACT and as such the office will be CLOSED. Send any queries to email@example.com
Applications for each category will be considered by the Trustees and applicants will be selected for interview during October, after applications close.
For further information please contact the Gottstein Trust.